My Dearest Walker Friend,
Meet Bob the Ironman Duallie Stoller, or as I like to call her, Bobbie! She’s already a whopping 34 pounds and I have not even put anything in her yet!
I found her on Craigslist from her funny owner, Rob. Rob told me that he should have been in the stroller business because he purchased a dozen strollers for his wife and he could just not get the right one no matter how he tried. He had to keep taking them back to the store. Lucky for me, he sold this one online. I am not sure if Rob’s wife did not like Bobbi because of her color or what the issue was with this one, but regardless, it was exactly what I was looking for. It’s all good because I wanted the yellow one. Bobbie is brand new out of the box and I got her for quite a discount.
Rob and Bobbie are in Venice, Florida at the moment. I need to get Bobbie the Stoller over to West Palm Beach by April 1, 2018. If you have any ideas on transportation, I would love to hear them.
My friend Fergy is coming over to help me gear up and figure out how many things I can put in her. I know she can handle 100 pounds, but I sure don’t want to push that much stuff up a mountain!
I will need to learn how to change the tires and take care of her properly for 3600 miles. I likely need to get a few of the accessories, like the weather shield and bar handle for cups and towels and what not. Walking across the country is going to be interesting in all kinds of ways, so much to learn, but I think Bobbie will make it a lot easier!
If you see me on the trail and you want to push Bobbie for a while, I would welcome your efforts of course! Walk With Me, please! Come out and join me for 1,2 or 100 miles. Whatever suits your fancy!
~Your Walker Friend, Sheryl Lynn
Specs, in case you are interested.
A – Wheel Base: 29.5 in (75 cm)
B – Overall Length: 54.7 in (139 cm)
C – Handle Bar Height: 40.0 in (102 cm)
Copy of the owner’s manual and to view instructional videos, Product Instructions page. (that is for me in case I need to find it quickly)
- Fixed front wheel provides increased stability whether jogging or running at training pace.
- Easy, two-step folding, lightweight frame for convenient transport and storage.
- State-of-the-art, adjustable suspension system provides an exceptionally smooth ride.
- Create a complete travel system with matching BOB B-SAFE Infant Car Seats and a BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter.
- Accessory Adapter allows for quick and easy attachment of BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter or Snack Tray.
- Ultra-padded, adjustable and independently reclining seats for enhanced seating comfort. Five-point padded harnesses help keep your children comfortably secure.
- Independent multi-position canopies adjust for protection against the elements. Large viewing windows let you keep an eye on your babies.
- Lightweight alloy wheels with pneumatic tires and tubes are fast and durable.
- Low Boy Cargo Basket provides plenty of undercarriage storage. Additional space in large seatback pockets. Internal seat pockets provide a great place for snacks and toys.
- A simple twist of the front wheel tracking adjustment knobs keep you rolling straight.
- When engaged, the parking brake helps secure a stopped position. Hand Brake provides additional stopping assistance when strolling.
- Padded handlebar for comfort; wrist strap helps you secure stroller when strolling and provides handy fold lock when folded.
- Canopy silk screened with IRONMAN logo.
- Weight (Net): 34lb, 15.3kg
- Capacity: 8 weeks to 100lb, 45.4kg (occupants plus luggage weight); from birth with the use of an Infant Car Seat Adapter & compatible Infant Car Seat. Maximum occupant height is 44in or (112cm). Do not exceed the maximum weight or height, as stroller will become unstable.
- Frame Materials: High strength aluminum alloy.
- Seat Material: Poly and Dobby weave fabrics with water repellent coating and open cell foam padding.
- Seat Care: Sponge area with a solution of lukewarm water and mild soap. Rinse thoroughly with clean water to remove all soap and allow to dry. DO NOT USE DETERGENT
- Seat Harness: Padded 5 point harnesses.
- Safety Features: Padded 5 point harnesses / parking brake / wrist strap / seat retention strap.
- Seat Recline: Adjustable seatback recline, down to 70° from vertical.
- Suspension: Coil spring and elastomer core shock absorbers provide three inches of wheel travel. Adjustable shock release knobs allow for two shock positions to fine-tune suspension for varying occupants and cargo. Position 1: 0-50 lbs. Position 2: 51-100 lbs.
- Tires: Pneumatic 16″ x 1.5″ Semi-slick tires.
- Tubes: Pneumatic with schrader valve.
- Hub: Quick release axle with sealed cartridge bearings.